UGANDA FOUNDATION NEWSLETTER
1. Fr. BIRUNGI Gervase has been appointed as the new Director of Postulants in Uganda.
2. Fr. NDEMA Aloysius has been appointed the first Coordinator of the Spiritan Lay Missionaries/Associates in collaboration with Frs. ANDAMA Martin and MULYANGA Peter Anthony in Uganda Foundation.
3. Fr. SSEBYANZI WASSWA Bonaventure has been appointed as the new Vocations Animator for Uganda Foundation.
1. On February 2, 2009, Spiritans in Uganda celebrated the Feast-day of Ven. Francis Mary Paul Libermann in Our Lady Help of the Sick, Mulago Parish, Kampala Archdiocese.
2. On April 10, 2009, Frs. ANDAMA Martin, KEREBBA Nicholas, MULYANGA Peter Anthony and SSEBYANZI WASSWA Bonaventure participated in the public and ecumenical Way of the Cross that converged in Nakivubo Stadium in the Capital City of Kampala.
3. On April 17, 2009, there was a commissioning of Frs. WAIGA Vincent and WALIMBWA Charles at the Spiritan Postulancy Centre, Jjanda – Namugongo, to a new mission in KIGAAYA Catholic Parish, Hoima Diocese.
4. On May 13, five Spiritan candidates from Uganda Foundation graduated after completing their philosophical studies at Spiritan Missionary Seminary in Njiro – Arusha, Tanzania.
5. On Pentecost Sunday May 31, 2009, the Spiritan Family in Uganda Foundation celebrated the Foundation Day of the Congregation of the Holy Spirit. During the occasion at least five Ugandan Lay Missionaries/Associates were presented and recognized.
6. On June 3, 2009, the Spiritan Family in Uganda participated in celebrations of Uganda Martyrs Day at Namugongo.
7. The First Spiritan Month designated for Scholastics KAMOGA John Bosco, MALIAMUNGU Godfrey and OKWAI-RWOTH Angelo took place from June 8 – July 4, 2009.
8. On July 5, 2009, Fr. WAIGA Vincent was installed as the Parish Priest of KIGAAYA Catholic Parish.
Extended Community Meetings
So far, the Spiritan Family in Uganda has managed to convene three extended community meetings on May 13, 2009 at the Spiritan Community in Mulago, June 12, 2009 at the Spiritan Postulancy Centre in Jjanda - Namugongo and July 17, 2009 at Spiritan House, Kyebando.
The next extended community meeting is due to take place on August 21, 2009 at the Spiritan Community in Mulago.
Fr. KASULE Gerald Anthony is on his home leave with his family in Uganda since June 23, 2009 up to August 22, 2009.
The following candidates were approved for the 2009 – 2010 novitiate program in Magamba – Lushoto, Tanzania:
1. KAFUUMA Vincent
2. KIGGALA Jude
3. MUGALULA Dennis
On July 5, 2009, Fr. NNAMUNGA Gerard – Majella celebrated 25 years of Religious Profession. Already Frs. ADRABO Festo and NDEMA Aloysius had passed the threshold of their Silver Jubilees. We congratulate them all.
Opening of the Chapel, Spiritan Postulancy, Namugongo
On October 3, 2009, the Spiritan Family in Uganda will be launching the Tri-centenary Death Anniversary of the Founder of the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Fr. Claude Francis Poullart des Places at the Spiritan Postulancy Centre, Jjanda – Namugongo.
During the same occasion, the newly constructed Chapel at the Spiritan Postulancy Centre that is dedicated to the Holy Spirit will be officially blessed and opened.
Ordination to Diaconate
On October 10, 2009, Scholastics KAMOGA John Bosco, MALIAMUNGU Godfrey and OKWAI-RWOTH Angelo will be ordained as Deacons at Tangaza College in Lang’ata – Nairobi, Kenya.
There will be annual retreat for the members of Uganda Foundation scheduled for Sunday November 29, 2009 – Friday December, 2009, at the Spiritan Postulancy Centre, Jjanda - Namugongo. The Spiritan Lay Missionaries/Associates in Uganda Foundation will be invited to participate in it as well. The retreat facilitator will be Fr. ADRABO Festo.
1. On August 2 – 15, 2009, the Councilor for Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation (JPIC), Fr. MULYANGA Peter Anthony, will be attending the Inter – Congregational JPIC Training Session for East Africa (Anglophone) at St. Augustine’s Institute in Nsambya – Kampala, Uganda.
2. On August 27-28, 2009, the First Assistant cum Foundation Bursar, Fr. NDEMA Aloysius and the Councilor for Formation, Fr. WAIGA Vincent, will be attending the Union of Circumscriptions of Africa and Islands (UCAI) meeting, as well as the Union of Circumscriptions of Eastern Africa (UCEAF) meeting at the Spiritan Cultural Centre in Bagamoyo, Tanzania.
1. On June 25, 2009, Novice MUTEBI Vincent makes an Act of Profession of the First Vows at the UCEAF Novitiate, Magamba – Lushoto, Tanzania.
2. On June 28, 2009, Scholastic MUHEREZA Tarcisio renews his vows for a period of two years at MUKO Catholic Parish, Kabale Diocese.
3. On July 5, 2009, Scholastics KAMOGA John Bosco, MALIAMUNGU Godfrey, OKWAI-RWOTH Angelo and joined by IFEANYI Fidelis from Nigeria Province consecrated themselves to the Apostolate by making an Act of Profession of their Perpetual Vows at Our Lady Help of the Sick, Mulago Catholic Parish.
Compiled and edited by Mulyanga Peter Anthony, CSSp, Foundation Secretary for Uganda Foundation